Friday, July 24, 2009

First Day for Abigail and Mama!

I started back to work on Monday and Abigail had her first day of "school" the same day. I was afraid of being like other moms on their first day back to work: crying, sad, and filled with anxiety of leaving my baby with strangers. So, last week Abby Lou and I went to her daycare and met with the sweet ladies who would be keeping her in the nursery. Ms. Pat and Ms. Earlene were sooo sweet and Abigail seemed to really like them. This made me feel much better about leaving her!

Monday morning came and I have to say I was ready! Ready to see if I could handle leaving her and working full-time! Positive energy surround me okay!! No negative thoughts!!! I prayed the night before - "Lord, I gave her to you the day I found out I was pregnant and I'm not going to worry because after all the daycare is at our church, which is Your house, so what better place to leave her each day!!"

Abigail slept through that night and I had to wake her the next morning to get her ready, which is unusual. She did not smile all morning! I figured she was mad at me for going back to work. Below is the photo I took before we left that morning. She wasn't happy! I remained positive. I could do this!

We arrive at school and as I am handing over our little sweet pea, she projectile vomits all over me three times!! All over my work clothes, carpet, and all over herself. Great!!! Still remaining positive!!! I went home and changed and then finally made my way to work. No tears! Positive, positive, positive!

4 o'clock could not come fast enough!! The first words out of Ms. Pat's mouth were, "She has slept all day!!!" I knew right away she wasn't describing my nosey child who stays awake to make sure she doesn't miss anything! My first thought, fever! Yep! 101.3! Okay, ready for breakdown. I called the her doctor's office and they wanted to see her the next morning. She had an ear infection! I thought to myself, what kind of mother am I? My child is 10 weeks old and now has had two infections! What am I doing wrong?? The doctor let me know her immune system was just low from the UTI and couldn't fight the bacteria that invaded her little ear!!

Abigail is better now and when I picked her up from school yesterday, Ms. Pat said "She has stayed awake all day visiting with us!" Okay, thank you Lord, this is my child she is describing! We are back in business!!


1 comment:

  1. Wow, good for you for finding a daycare that makes you feel comfortable and for being so brave!!!! I used to work in childcare, and plan to again, and I can tell you, kids who have been in daycare are totally more social and often even brighter than those who are with mom and only mom 24/7! Congrats on making it through your first work day. I bet it will get easier and easier, and you'll enjoy every second with your little sweetie even more than you did before :).

    ReplyDelete