Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Staten First Father's Day

I asked Staten what he would like for Father's Day and he suggested another fishing reel. Okay, easy enough. So, Abigail and I met a friend down at the boardwalk on Saturday for lunch. I decided to be brave and face the 95 degree weather and head for Bass Pro Shop afterwards by myself with Abby Lou of course. By the time I had made it into the store, she was fussy. Understandbly since she was covered in sweat and hungry. After choosing the gift, I found a corner with a bench and fed her and rocked her back to sleep. I was very nervous about this. I feel like each time we are in a store, she is going to have this major breakdown that I am not going to be able to handle. But that day, we made it through together. We listened to a lecture on saltwater and freshwater fish. This was Abigail's first of many, many times going to Bass Pro.

Abigail has started smiling at us when we talk to her. It is the most beautiful site I have ever seen. I didn't think I could love her any more than I did the day she was born, but now that she is smiling and chooing-there are no words to describe how much I love her! She is our little blessing! Oh yeah, someone asked Staten on Father's Day what did he get, he replied "A big smile from Abigail!" It goes to show that material things aren't important, it is the little things that matter most.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Smiles! Soooo exciting! It took forever for me to decide that Juliet's smiles were "real" and not gas!! How awesome that you're getting real ones already :).

    I'd love to read about how you chose Abigail's name. I love the name Abigail. It's so perfectly feminine and mature, but can double as cute and girly if she's called Abby!

    ReplyDelete